Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The 7 Secrets of Running a Wildly Popular Blog!

Did you know that there are more than 20 million bloggers in the United States (according to The Wall Street Journal)? Of those 20 million bloggers, how many do you think are financially profiting from their blog? How many would you guess are making a living-- not just a few extra dollars-- as a professional blogger?

We live in the greatest country in the world, so I'm not surprised to read that according to last year's estimate, 1.7 million Americans are taking advantage of our right to free speech and our free market enterprise economy to actually make money from a blog. But I am surprised to read that the WSJ also estimates about a half a million people are actually making a living off of their blogs! Way to go to you 500,000 people out there! I know who a few of you are, but apparently I have some more blog perusing to do in order find the other 490,000!

Maybe they followed copyblogger's "7 Secrets of Running a Wildly Popular Blog" entry written by Dan Rieck.

I found Dan's blog to be insightful and helpful, although my chances of engaging in Tip #1 are pretty low at this point; it's tough to have a conversation when you're not sure if anyone is listening to you blog "conversation"!

Take a look at Dan's blog, and leave me a comment if you think he's left any tip out that has worked for you. I'd love your opinion and advice! :-)

{Image via Worldbank.org}

No comments:

Post a Comment